This wasn’t a very productive month of knitting. As I mentioned before, I have a minor hand injury which kept me from doing much knitting for a few weeks. But fortunately, it’s on the mend and I was able to knit some during the past week, so I actually have some progress to report!
First, I whipped up a cabled baby hat using 10g of Bernat Softee Baby yarn on size 5 double pointed needles. The pattern consists of ten simple cables, with the cable crosses for adjacent cables worked on different rows. I have used the pattern several times, because it knits up quick and the cables are fun and easy. With this particular yarn, the hat ended up pretty small. This might be ok for a newborn, but I kind of doubt it would fit after even a couple weeks. Next time, I’d like to make a slightly bigger hat, either by using a different yarn or by modifying the pattern to include more cables and more length before the crown decrease.
Next, I worked on a baby blanket that I started a while ago, using up 25g of Red Heart Soft yarn. This is the second time I have made one of these blankets, and they’re really cute. I modified the pattern to include several rows of garter stitch in between the heart panels. I like working on this pattern because there are enough differences between rows to keep my interest, but it’s not too challenging so it’s easy to watch TV in the background. And it’s a great way to use up several skeins of yarn – this one has taken 1.2 skeins so far, and will likely use at least 3 skeins in total.
That’s all I’ve got! So here are the numbers for February:
- 69 different yarns remaining
- 4965 g remaining
- 1 project completed in 2015
At this rate I will finish my stash in late 2017…here’s hoping I can pick up the pace!